Based in Perm, Russia
01 June 2016
The whole city has been plunged into darkness. After an accident at the power station, a living electric spark must restore electricity to the city and give citizens back their safe and carefree lives. TurnOn tells the spellbinding tale of a brave alien creature and its striking journey through blackout world, in an incredibly colorful and detailed platformer without platforms. Featuring a charming art style and visual storytelling, cute character personality, and a soothing and magical soundtrack, TurnOn makes the world the way it was before, but a little better and kinder.
TurnOn is the game designed for all ages, inspired by the global movement Earth Hour, which is held by WWF, and desire to make an amazing story as in a great book or in an incredible movie. After the winning "Games" track at Imagine Cup 2014 with prototype of TurnOn we (Brainy Studio) took part in August PAX Prime in Seattle, bit later in September we rented office and continued to work on the game. Already at the beginning of 2015 we released the 1st demo episode of "TurnOn" on Windows Phone, and got Greenlit on Steam in April after 12 days campaign (got Greenlit April 17, 2015). At the end of June TurnOn was announced on Xbox One under E3 2015 in Los Angeles as a member of ID@Xbox program with 124 others.
- Setting! Be surprised how the world depends on electricity and what can happen if it suddenly disappears. Solve puzzles and figure out how to turn on the lights in every home, as well as fight unexpected enemies!
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those dialogs in your video games? Never mind, in "TurnOn" everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't).
- Platformer without platforms! The main character moves through the electrical wires. The mix of exploration and music levels makes the gameplay very immersive.
TurnOn Announcement Trailer YouTube
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "1st place in the "Games" category on the world's largest technology competition Imagine Cup 2014 in Seattle" Seattle, 1 August, 2014
- ""Best Indie Game" at the conference for game developers and publishers DevGamm Moscow 2014" Moscow, 16 May, 2014
- "3rd place at the festival GamesJam Kanobu 2014 among 450 games" Moscow, March, 2014
- "Semi-finalist at the international competition Adobe Design Achievements Awards in Game Art and Design Nominees." 25 July, 2014
Press Kit via Dropbox
Check out Press Kit via Dropbox (it contains *.GIF, *.PDF, *.JPG, *.PNG and others) dropbox.com.
About Brainy Studio
Brainy Studio is a Russian entertainment and independent video game development studio, founded by 4 developers: Evgenii Romin, Ilia Antonov, Anton Baranov and Dmitri Ogorodnikov. The studio is best known for developing the game TurnOn, with prototype of which has won Imagine Cup 2014 in "Games" category held by Microsoft and other partners. The recent title, TurnOn, coming soon on Xbox One and Steam in spring 2016.
More information on Brainy Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.